The Animal Protective Association of Missouri is taking applications for the position of Animal Care Technician, if you would like to apply for this position, for information send email to Animal Care position
Maintain, monitor and care for shelter animals. Track possible problems and signs of illness in the animal population. Assist other departments as requested in handling animals being surrendered or to be adopted. Previous animal handling or shelter experience preferred. Additional duties as requested.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Ability to communicate with other staff and clients.
4. Some care and handling of domestic animals of various types.
5. Ability to adapt to new situations.
6. Ability to represent the Animal Protective Association in a professional manner.
7. Ability to push or lift 75 lbs.
8. Ability to handle high stress & emotional situations.
9. Ability to handle routine exposure to cleaning chemicals such as bleach.